After Your Surgery
In the Recovery Area
- After surgery, you will be moved to the Recovery Area where you will be closely monitored until you are ready to go home.
- When you are fully awake, your family will be able to join you. Although the times may vary, most patients are discharged 1 to 3 hours after surgery.
- It is perfectly normal to feel discomfort in the area of your surgery. You may also experience some drowsiness or dizziness, depending on the kind of anesthesia you received.
At Home After Surgery
- Your surgeon will provide specific instructions for care while recovering at home. In the event of any difficulty, please call your surgeon.
- For the first 24 hours following surgery, you need to have an adult present,
do not engage in strenuous activities, do not drink any alcoholic beverages, drive, or make any critical decisions.
- A nurse from the Surgery Center will call you within a day or two to evaluate how you are recovering at home.
- You will be asked to complete a questionnaire about the care you received. Your comments will enable us to continue to improve our services.