Sometime before your surgery date, a staff member from the Surgery Center will call you to confirm your surgery time. They will also ask you questions regarding current or past medical conditions, allergies and medications you are taking. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have, and be sure to let the staff know of any special needs. If your child is having surgery, ask about our orientation for children.
- Your doctor or the Center’s nurse will instruct you as to WHAT TIME YOU ARE TO STOP EATING AND DRINKING prior to surgery.
- If you take medication for any conditions, ask your doctor and/or the Center’s nurse whether or not to take it the day of surgery.
- For women, if there is any possibility you are pregnant, please notify your doctor and the Center’s nurse.
- Leave all valuables at home, including watches, rings, jewelry and wallets.
- Notify your surgeon of any change in your health, such as a cold, fever or sore throat.
- For your safety, please arrange for an adult to drive you home after surgery. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home.
- Please note that an adult needs to stay with you for 24 hours