Before Your Surgery
Sometime before your
surgery date, a staff member from the Surgery
Center will call you to confirm your surgery time.
They will also ask you questions regarding current
or past medical conditions, allergies and
medications you are taking. Please donít hesitate to
ask any questions you may have, and be sure to let
the staff know of any special needs. If your child
is having surgery, ask about our orientation for
- Your doctor or the Centerís nurse will
instruct you as to WHAT TIME YOU ARE TO STOP
EATING AND DRINKING prior to surgery.
- If you take medication for any conditions, ask
your doctor and/or the Centerís nurse whether or
not to take it the day of surgery.
- For women, if there is any possibility you are
pregnant, please notify your doctor and the
- Leave all valuables at home, including watches,
rings, jewelry and wallets.
- Notify your surgeon of any change in your
health, such as a cold, fever or sore throat.
- For your safety, please arrange for an adult to
drive you home after surgery. You will not be
allowed to drive yourself home.
We want to make your visit as pleasant and
comfortable as possible. To make your surgery a successful
experience, please read and follow the information provided
in this section.